Frequently asked questions
How do I fund an account?
Choose the method that works best for you:
- Transfer money electronically: Use our Transfer Money service to transfer within 3 business days.
- By check: You can easily deposit many types of checks.
- By wire transfer: Wire transfers are fast and secure.
- Transfer an account: Move an account from another firm.
Go now to fund your account.
How can I deposit a check?
The most convenient way to deposit a check is through E*TRADE Mobile check deposit feature. Make sure the check is payable to you (in the same name as appears on your E*TRADE account), or to E*TRADE Securities LLC for deposits to your brokerage accounts or E*TRADE Bank for deposits to your bank account. Note: Mobile check deposit maximum is $100,000 per day.
Have additional questions on check deposits? Learn more
When will my funds be available to invest?
How do I place a trade?
At E*TRADE, we make it easy to trade stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and more. Watch our platform demos or join us live every Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET for a 20-minute getting started webinar. We’ll show you how to place an order, and answer any questions you have during a live Q&A session. All with no hold times!
How do I submit documents/paperwork?
Use our document upload tool or send us a fax. Please reference the instructions on the application or form—in certain circumstances original documents may need to be mailed in.
- Upload document: security upload forms, applications and other documents to E*TRADE Customer Service.
- Send us a fax:
- General fax number: 1-866-650-0003
- From outside the US: +1-678-624-6950