Frequently asked questions
Where can I find information on the merger with Morgan Stanley?
How is COVID-19 affecting mail processing times at E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley and Morgan Stanley Private Bank?
We’re committed to providing you with the fastest service possible. However, due to the current situation with COVID-19, our mail operations team may be experiencing slight delays in processing incoming mail and sending statements and documents. Here are a few alternate options.
- Sending documents or applications. Please consider using our document upload service or submit your application online.
- Sending checks. The fastest, most convenient way to deposit a check is via mobile check deposit.2
- Receiving statements or documents. Typically, statements and documents should arrive by the 5th of each month. Due to the current situation, however, please expect some delays. For faster access, you can find your latest bank or brokerage statements via the Documents tab at etrade.com.
How do I reset my User ID or Password?
How do I fund an account?
Choose the method that works best for you:
- Transfer money electronically: Use our Transfer Money service to transfer within 3 business days.
- By check: You can easily deposit many types of checks.
- By wire transfer: Wire transfers are fast and secure.
- Transfer an account: Move an account from another firm.
Go now to fund your account.
How can I deposit a check?
The most convenient way to deposit a check is through E*TRADE Mobile check deposit feature. Make sure the check is payable to you (in the same name as appears on your account), or to E*TRADE Securities LLC for deposits to your brokerage accounts or Morgan Stanley Private Bank for deposits to your bank account. Note: Mobile check deposit maximum is $250,000 per day.2
Have additional questions on check deposits? Learn more
When will my funds be available to invest?
Once you have set up and initiated a transfer from an external funding account, funds may take up to three business days to hit your account. Internal transfers (unless to an IRA) are immediate. Learn more
Looking for other funding options? See funding methods
What are my routing numbers?
Morgan Stanley Private Bank (Formerly E*TRADE Bank): 256072691
E*TRADE Securities (brokerage accounts): 056073573
For common uses of routing numbers, please click here.
How do I place a trade?
At E*TRADE, we make it easy to trade stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and more. Watch our platform demos or join us live every Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET for a 20-minute getting started webinar. We’ll show you how to place an order, and answer any questions you have during a live Q&A session. All with no hold times!
How do I submit documents/paperwork?
Use our document upload tool or send us a fax. Please reference the instructions on the application or form—in certain circumstances original documents may need to be mailed in.
- Upload document: security upload forms, applications and other documents to Customer Service.
- Send us a fax:
- General fax number: 1-866-650-0003
- From outside the US: +1-678-624-6950
Get up to $600 for a limited time1 Learn how
Just open a new E*TRADE brokerage or retirement account with a qualifying deposit by April 18, 2023.