Frequently asked questions
Are E*TRADE Securities branches open during COVID-19?
To help fight the COVID-19 virus and practice safe social distancing, all of our E*TRADE Securities Branches are temporarily closed as of Thursday, March 19, 2020. Our Financial Consultants are still available to assist you by phone or email.
Please check our Branch Locator for contact information if you need it. We are actively monitoring the situation, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to determine when it’s safe to re-open.
How is COVID-19 affecting mail processing times at E*TRADE and Morgan Stanley Private Bank?
We’re committed to providing you with the fastest service possible. However, due to the current situation with COVID-19, our mail operations team may be experiencing slight delays in processing incoming mail and sending statements and documents. Here are a few alternate options.
- Sending documents or applications. Please consider using our document upload service or submit your application online.
- Sending checks. The fastest, most convenient way to deposit a check is via mobile check deposit.2
- Receiving statements or documents. Typically, statements and documents should arrive by the 5th of each month. Due to the current situation, however, please expect some delays. For faster access, you can find your latest bank or brokerage statements via the Documents tab at etrade.com.
How do I fund an account?
Choose the method that works best for you:
- Transfer money electronically: Use our Transfer Money service to transfer within 3 business days.
- By check: You can easily deposit many types of checks.
- By wire transfer: Wire transfers are fast and secure.
- Transfer an account: Move an account from another firm.
Go now to fund your account.
How can I deposit a check?
The most convenient way to deposit a check is through E*TRADE Mobile check deposit feature. Make sure the check is payable to you (in the same name as appears on your account), or to E*TRADE Securities LLC for deposits to your brokerage accounts or Morgan Stanley Private Bank for deposits to your bank account. Note: Mobile check deposit maximum is $250,000 per day.2
Have additional questions on check deposits? Learn more
When will my funds be available to invest?
How do I place a trade?
At E*TRADE, we make it easy to trade stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and more. Watch our platform demos or join us live every Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET for a 20-minute getting started webinar. We’ll show you how to place an order, and answer any questions you have during a live Q&A session. All with no hold times!
How do I submit documents/paperwork?
Use our document upload tool or send us a fax. Please reference the instructions on the application or form—in certain circumstances original documents may need to be mailed in.
- Upload document: security upload forms, applications and other documents to Customer Service.
- Send us a fax:
- General fax number: 1-866-650-0003
- From outside the US: +1-678-624-6950