Baskets of investments chosen and managed by professionals
- A simple way to diversify your portfolio
- Many offered with no loads and no transaction fees (NTF)
- Created around specific market strategies
no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds (NTF)2
Why invest in mutual funds?
Because there are funds based on specific trading strategies, investment types, and investing goals. Choosing your own mix of funds is an easy way to build a diversified portfolio.
Professional money managers do the research, pick the investments, and monitor the performance of the fund
When you buy a fund, you may be buying a share of dozens or even hundreds of investments3
When you sell, your proceeds are typically added to your account the next day
There are mutual funds for nearly any type of investment, market strategy, or financial goal
Why trade mutual funds with E*TRADE?
We let you choose from thousands of mutual funds. And to help make the choice easier, we offer tools that let you quickly find the funds that may help meet your goals.
- Choose from more than 7,000 mutual funds—many with no loads and no transaction fees
- Use our Fund Screener to quickly find the right choices for your portfolio—and check our All-Star Funds4 list to find top performers, or view mutual funds with no loads and no transaction fees
- With as little as $25 per recurring investment, automatic investing gives you access to no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds by purchasing shares at regular intervals and in equal amounts5
- Get guidance from our Financial Consultants6
Have at it
We have everything you need to start working with mutual funds right now.
Top five searched mutual funds
Data delayed by 15 minutes.
Top five lists are not a recommendation by E*TRADE Securities or its affiliates to buy, sell, or hold any security, financial product or instrument, nor is it an endorsement of any specific security, company, fund family, product, or service.
Selection criteria: this list shows you the top five mutual funds most frequently searched by E*TRADE customers each day.
Complete Morningstar performance metrics for each fund may be found by clicking on the fund name.
Data quoted represents past performance. Past performance is not an indication of future results and investment returns and share prices will fluctuate on a daily basis. Your investment may be worth more or less than your original cost when you redeem your shares. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. For most recent quarter end performance and current performance metrics, please click on the fund name.
Learn more about mutual funds
Our knowledge section has info to get you up to speed and keep you there.