Efficient digital portfolios guided by you
- Tell us about your approach to investing
- We recommend and manage a portfolio for you
- Monitor your performance online 24/7
- Get help whenever you need it
to get started
flat annual advisory fee
(first year advisory fee waived1)
Why invest with Core Portfolios?
Save time and simplify the way you invest. We build, monitor, and rebalance a diversified portfolio for you, while keeping you in control of your investing strategy.
Answer questions online, and based on your answers we’ll recommend a diversified portfolio for you
Stay in control of your investing strategy and track your performance 24/7 through our digital dashboard
Get started with just $5,000 and pay no advisory fees for the first year. Advisory fees start as low as $15 each year after
Our technology monitors and adjusts your portfolio to help keep you on track, plus you can call our team of specialists with questions
Customized digital investing
While we do the investing, you always have input into how your money is being managed.
- Tell us about your approach to investing and get a recommended portfolio based on your timeline and attitude towards risk
- Tailor your investment strategy with taxable and tax-sensitive portfolios, as well as socially responsible or smart beta investments
- If your goals or financial circumstances change, you can update your portfolio so that it reflects you at all times
Value and transparency
We make sure you always know exactly what you are paying, what you own, and how your portfolio is performing.
- Get an affordable diversified portfolio built from leading non-proprietary exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- We don’t have funds of our own, so our portfolios are built with your goals in mind—not ours
- Our digital dashboard gives you a clear view of your performance and individual holdings 24/7
Professional management and support
Core Portfolios gives you easy access to quality portfolio management that’s customized, affordable, and based on time-tested investment principles.
- The individual investments in your portfolio are handpicked by the investment strategy team at E*TRADE Capital Management
- Our technology monitors and automatically rebalances your portfolio to help manage your risk and keep you on track
- We’ll keep you informed about key market events and trends that may be impacting your portfolio
- When you have questions, you can get help and support from our dedicated team of specialists at 866-484-3658
What is Core Portfolios?
Core Portfolios is a professionally managed advisory program from E*TRADE Capital Management. It helps keep investors on track with their financial goals and is part of E*TRADE Personalized Investments. Core Portfolios assesses investment objectives, risk tolerance, time horizon, and other considerations to identify an appropriate asset allocation for each investor. It enables clients to invest in a portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) with a $5,000 minimum account balance to enroll. The portfolio is rebalanced2 semiannually, and when material deposits or withdrawals are made. Investors have access to a dedicated team of specialists that they can speak with whenever they have a question.
How does it work?
When we designed Core Portfolios, we started with the premise that we don't start until we get to know you. In a few easy steps, you can get an efficient digital portfolio that is guided by you.
Plus, you'll be able to stay in control of your investing strategy and track your performance 24/7 through our digital dashboard. If your financial circumstances change, you can update your investor profile at any time, to keep you on track to meet your goals.
How much does Core Portfolios cost?
There is an annual flat fee of 0.30%. Pay no advisory fee for your first year when you open a new Core Portfolios account (offer ends April 15, 2019).1
Each quarter, we calculate the fee2 based on the average daily market value of the account. For example, an account with an average daily balance of $50K for the quarter will be charged $37.50 for that quarter. This direct fee is charged at the beginning of each new quarter for services provided the previous quarter. It is automatically deducted from the cash position in the account.
|Account Market Value3||Annual Flat Fee|
$5,000 and over
How do you rebalance an account?
E*TRADE Capital Management uses technology to rebalance an account semiannually in order to align it with the target asset allocation. It will also review the account for material deposits and withdrawals, and rebalance if it shifts too far from its target asset allocation. Although we monitor the account daily, it does not mean we will trade in the account daily. There could be some periods of time where the allocation does not shift, and no trades are required.
Explore more investing solutions
Tailored portfolio, personalized support
Work with a Financial Consultant to choose a diversified portfolio tailored to your investing needs and professionally managed for you.
Custom portfolios built just for you
Collaborate with a dedicated Financial Consultant to build a custom portfolio that's monitored and actively managed for you.
Fixed Income Portfolios
Custom investment-grade bond portfolios
A dedicated Financial Consultant works with you to build a diversified bond portfolio that's managed by third-party portfolio managers.