Potentially generate a regular income stream
- May protect your portfolio from large swings in the market
- Accessible for beginners; Versatile for experts
- May manage risks to your portfolio from changing interest rates
bond tools and research
commission per bond trade for online secondary market trades2
Why invest in bonds?
One word: predictability. Most bonds are designed to pay you steady income on a regular basis. They aim to protect the value of your original investment, and may help cushion the market’s ups and downs as part of a diversified portfolio.
Most bonds return their full face value when they mature
Add them to your stock portfolio to help balance your portfolio during market swings3
Manage inflation and interest rate risk
The value of your investments may change in response to interest rate movements, these investments can help provide a predictable income stream
Tax free income
Some bonds give you tax breaks, allowing you to keep more of your money
Why trade bonds with E*TRADE?
Because we offer an array of bonds from leading providers, the tools, and on call support—at low prices.
- Choose from our large selection of bonds
- Find tools and information specially designed for fixed income investors including our bond resource center
- Pay just $1 commission per bond trade for online secondary market trades2
- Get guidance and recommendations from our Fixed Income Specialists4
Fixed Income Specialists
Get guidance and recommendations from our Fixed Income Specialists
- Provide unbiased guidance and goal planning services
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of your current holdings through a free Fixed Income Portfolio Evaluation
- Determine how bonds and CDs may help your investment objectives
- Design customized fixed income solutions such as bond ladders to match your individual needs
Have at it
We have everything you need to start working with bonds right now.
- Do your research with our collection of articles, videos, and other material
- Get professional insights: consult third party research reports
- Use our advanced screeners and tools to find fixed income investments that align with your investment objectives
Learn more about bonds
Our knowledge section has info to get you up to speed and keep you there.5