Four ways your assets are protected at E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley
THROUGH THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (FDIC)
Depending on ownership, bank accounts with Morgan Stanley Private Bank may receive FDIC insurance coverage as follows:
- Max-Rate Checking and Checking Accounts are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 per depositor. Click here for more details.
- Premium Savings Accounts are FDIC insured to at least $500,000 per depositor. Click here for more details.
- Extended Sweep Deposit Accounts are FDIC insured to $500,000 for individual and $1,000,000 for joint accounts.1
- International Sweep Deposit Accounts are FDIC insured to $250,000 for individual and $500,000 for joint accounts.2
- Retirement Sweep Deposit Accounts are FDIC insured to $500,000.
The FDIC is an independent agency of the federal government that protects the funds depositors place in banks and savings associations. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the US government.
Deposits at Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association are FDIC insured. Learn more at www.fdic.gov.
THROUGH THE SECURITIES INVESTOR PROTECTION CORPORATION (SIPC)
E*TRADE Securities LLC is a Member of SIPC, which protects customer accounts up to $500,000 for securities and cash (including $250,000 for cash only).
Morgan Stanley also maintains additional insurance with an aggregate limit of $1 billion. E*TRADE Securities LLC clients will be covered under the Morgan Stanley excess of SIPC supplemental insurance policy. Please be advised that you may obtain information about SIPC, including the SIPC brochure, by contacting SIPC at 201-371-8300 or by visiting www.SIPC.org.
This coverage does not protect against loss of the market value of securities.
Customer Protection Rule
FOR ALL E*TRADE SECURITIES BROKERAGE ACCOUNTS
US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) CUSTOMER PROTECTION RULE
All fully paid customer securities, including stocks and bonds, are 100% owned by the customer. These securities are required to be kept segregated from E*TRADE Securities' own assets,3 and cannot be used by E*TRADE Securities to satisfy its own obligations.
E*TRADE Complete Protection Guarantee
Our exclusive E*TRADE Complete Protection Guarantee provides an additional layer of security that protects your privacy, your assets, and every transaction you make in your E*TRADE Securities and Morgan Stanley Private Bank accounts.