Basic Securities and Brokerage
Margin, Options, and Futures
- Characteristics of Standardized Options
- Margin Disclosure Statement
- Day Trading Disclosure
- Risk Disclosure Statement
- Special Statement for Uncovered Options Writers
- E*TRADE Futures Account Agreement
- Futures Rule 1.55(i) Firm-Specific Risk Disclosure
- Futures Financial Reporting
- NFA Investor Advisory: Futures on Virtual Currencies Including Bitcoin
- CFTC Customer Advisory: Understand the Risks of Virtual Currency Trading
E*TRADE Account Agreement, Disclosures, and Terms
- I am of legal age to agree to the terms herein and to the extent I provide an electronic signature as part of this account opening process, such electronic signature will serve as the equivalent of a written signature.
- Under penalties of perjury, (1) the taxpayer identification number I submitted on this application is my correct number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me), and (2) I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and (3) I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person. The IRS does not require my consent to any provision of this document other than the certification required to avoid backup withholding.
- I have been informed by E*TRADE and understand that securities products, such as stocks, bonds, options, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds and other securities products and services offered by E*TRADE are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), are not deposits or other obligations of, and are not guaranteed by either E*TRADE Bank, E*TRADE Savings Bank or any other bank, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Additionally, I confirm and acknowledge that neither E*TRADE Securities, LLC nor any of its affiliates provides investment, tax or legal advice except to extent set forth in Section 9 of the Customer Agreement.
- I have received and reviewed all of the above disclosures, notices, and I agree to be bound by terms and conditions set forth in any above-listed E*TRADE product agreement, the E*TRADE Customer Agreement, and any applicable supplements contained therein, each of which is linked above, as may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms thereof (collectively, “E*TRADE Account Agreement”). Printed versions of the disclosures and notices are available upon request.
© currentYear E*TRADE Financial Corporation.