Important information about our brokerage and investment advisory services
Basic Securities and Brokerage
- E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley Client Agreement for Self-Directed Accounts
- Important Account Information for Self-Directed Accounts
- Regulatory Notices
- Bank Deposit Program Disclosure Statement
Margin and Options
- Characteristics of Standardized Options
- Margin Disclosure Statement
- Day Trading Disclosure
- Risk Disclosure Statement
- Special Statement for Uncovered Options Writers
Client Agreement, Disclosures, and Terms
- I am of legal age to agree to the terms herein.
- Under penalties of perjury, (1) the taxpayer identification number I submitted on this online application is my correct number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me), and (2) I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and (3) I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person. The IRS does not require my consent to any provision of this document other than the certification required to avoid backup withholding.
- I have been informed by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC and understand that securities products, such as stocks, bonds, options, mutual funds, and exchange¬ traded funds and other securities products and services offered by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), are not deposits or other obligations of, and are not guaranteed by Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association or any other bank, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Additionally, I confirm and acknowledge that neither Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC nor any of its affiliates provides investment, tax or legal advice.
- I acknowledge and agree that, per section 20 of the E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley Client Agreement for Self-Directed Accounts, my account(s) is (are) enrolled in the Morgan Stanley Class Action Service which is administered by Broadridge Investor Communication Solutions, Inc.; I understand that Broadridge deducts a 6% fee from any class action settlement payment received on your behalf and that you may opt out by calling 800-387-2331;
- I have received and reviewed all of the above disclosures, notices, and I agree to be bound by terms and conditions set forth in the E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley Client Agreement for Self-Directed Accounts, the Important Account Information Booklet for Self-Directed Accounts, and any other agreements governing transactions, products or services available for Self-Directed Accounts, as may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms thereof. Printed versions of the agreements, disclosures and notices are available upon request.
- I have received and reviewed the Client Relationship Summary provided above in completing my application to open this account. I understand that I can request the Client Relationship Summary at any time by contacting 800-387-2331.