Convenience is in the cards
Add to your mobile wallets and use your debit card wherever Mastercard® is accepted.
Unlimited ATM fee refunds
Get cash at two million ATMs around the world, and fee refunds for use of any ATM.1,2
If your card is lost, you can lock it at any time through the E*TRADE website and the E*TRADE mobile app.
Quick travel plan notifications
Just call with your travel dates to avoid interruptions in service.
How can I request a debit card, how long will it take to arrive?
Which accounts are eligible for a debit card?
- Domestic individual, joint, and custodial brokerage accounts are eligible for the E*TRADE Complete™ debit card.
- Certain IRA accounts are eligible for the debit card if you are over the age of 59½. Click here for more information regarding E*TRADE Complete™ IRA accounts.
- Max-rate Checking account is eligible for the Morgan Stanley Private Bank Max-Rate Checking debit card.
- Checking account is eligible for the Morgan Stanley Private Bank Checking debit card.
Savings accounts are not eligible for a debit card.
What is an EMV card, Chip, and PIN-preferred?
- Your E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley Private Bank debit card is embedded with a chip that leverages EMV (Europay®, Mastercard®, Visa®) technology. EMV is the global standard for credit and debit card payments, providing global acceptance and an enhanced level of security.
- For added security your E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley Private Bank debit card is now PIN-preferred. You will be prompted to provide a PIN when making purchases like you are when accessing cash at an ATM. Certain merchants have the ability to modify this preference for added convenience. Chip and PIN-preferred terminals are the standard internationally.
What are the daily limits for debit cards?
- You can make purchases up to $5,000 per day using your E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley Private Bank debit card.
- You can also withdraw cash up to $1,000 per day using your E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley Private Bank debit card.
Both limits are dependent upon the available balance in your account.
What is the ATM Refund Policy?
Neither E*TRADE nor Morgan Stanley Private Bank will charge you a fee for withdrawing funds from any institution’s ATM, but the owner/operator of the ATM may. E*TRADE and Morgan Stanley Private Bank will refund the amount of the owner/operator’s fee by the end of the same day that the withdrawal occurred to your eligible account if you meet any of the following conditions:
- Your withdrawal was from a Max-Rate Checking account.
- Your withdrawal was from your Money Market Account or Independent Checking Account (not including a Checking Account) and your total balance is $5,000 or more after the completion of the transaction.
- You have a $50,000 or more average monthly balance in your linked Morgan Stanley Private Bank Accounts.
- You have $50,000 or more in cash and securities in your linked E*TRADE Securities brokerage, retirement, and employee stock plan accounts (including vested in-the-money options, stock option plan shares, ESPP shares, and released restricted stock) on the date the fee is charged.
- You executed at least 30 stock or options trades during the prior calendar quarter in your linked E*TRADE Securities account(s).
What can I do to make sure my debit card will work in a foreign country?
- Call us at 800-387-2331 in advance to inform us about your travel plans.
- Standard limits still apply when traveling.
- For your security your debit card activity will still be monitored for suspicious activity.
What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen, how can I dispute a transaction?
If you believe your card has been lost or stolen, or that your Personal Identification Number (PIN) has been discovered by someone else, or that someone has conducted or may conduct an automated banking transaction without your permission, contact us immediately by calling us at 800-387-2331.
What are the benefits to my E*TRADE or Morgan Stanley Private Bank Mastercard® debit card?
Mastercard’s universal acceptance means you can use your debit card in place of cash or a check at millions of locations worldwide, anywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
For full details on your benefits click here: Mastercard® Guide to Benefits