Convenience is in the cards
Use your debit card in lieu of cash wherever Mastercard® is accepted.
Unlimited ATM fee refunds
Get cash at two million ATMs around the world, and fee refunds for use of any ATM in the US.1
Chip and PIN protection
Advanced authentication technology adds an extra layer of security to help prevent potential fraud.
Quick travel plan notifications
Just call with your travel dates to avoid interruptions in service.
How can I request a debit card, how long will it take to arrive?
Which accounts are eligible for a debit card?
- Domestic individual, joint, and custodial brokerage accounts are eligible for the E*TRADE Complete™ debit card.
- Certain IRA accounts are eligible if you are over the age of 59 ½. Click here for more information regarding E*TRADE Complete™ IRA accounts.
You may order an E*TRADE Complete™ debit card once your account balance reaches $1,000.
- Max-rate Checking account is eligible for the E*TRADE Max-Rate Checking debit card.
- E*TRADE Checking account is eligible for the E*TRADE Checking debit card.
You may order a debit card for a checking account once your account balance reaches $100.
Savings accounts are not eligible for a debit card.
What is an EMV card, Chip, and PIN-preferred?
- Your E*TRADE debit card is embedded with a chip that leverages EMV (Europay®, Mastercard®, Visa®) technology. EMV is the global standard for credit and debit card payments, providing global acceptance and an enhanced level of security.
- For added security your E*TRADE debit card is now PIN-preferred. You will be prompted to provide a PIN when making purchases like you are when accessing cash at an ATM. Certain merchants have the ability to modify this preference for added convenience. Chip and PIN-preferred terminals are the standard internationally.
What are the daily limits for debit cards?
- You can make purchases up to $5,000 per day using your E*TRADE debit card.
- You can also withdraw cash up to $1,000 per day using your E*TRADE debit card.
Both limits are dependent upon the available balance in your account.
What is the ATM Refund Policy?
E*TRADE will not charge you a fee for withdrawing funds from any institution’s ATM nationwide, but the owner/operator of the ATM may. E*TRADE will refund the amount of the owner/operator’s fee by the end of the same day that the withdrawal occurred to your eligible account if you meet any of the following conditions:
- Your withdrawal was from a Max-Rate Checking account.
- Your withdrawal was from your E*TRADE Money Market Account or Independent Checking Account (not including E*TRADE Checking Account) and your total balance is $5,000 or more after the completion of the transaction.
- You have a $50,000 or more average monthly balance in your linked E*TRADE Bank Accounts.
- You have $50,000 or more in cash and securities in your linked E*TRADE Securities brokerage, retirement, and employee stock plan accounts (including vested in-the-money options, stock option plan shares, ESPP shares, and released restricted stock) on the date the fee is charged.
- You executed at least 30 stock or options trades during the prior calendar quarter in your linked E*TRADE Securities account(s).
What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen, how can I dispute a transaction?
If you believe your card has been lost or stolen, or that your Personal Identification Number (PIN) has been discovered by someone else, or that someone has conducted or may conduct an automated banking transaction without your permission, contact us immediately by sending us a Secure Message or calling us at 800-ETRADE-1 (800-387-2331).
What are the benefits to my E*TRADE Mastercard® debit card?
Mastercard’s universal acceptance means you can use your E*TRADE debit card in place of cash or a check at millions of locations worldwide, anywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
For full details on your benefits click here: Mastercard® Guide to Benefits