Accessibility at E*TRADE
E*TRADE is committed to making our products and services accessible to everyone who wants to take advantage of them. To enable people of all abilities to have access to E*TRADE Financials’ offerings, we provide the following:
We have adopted the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0 Level AA as our website accessibility standard and are working to ensure that our website substantially conforms to that standard. We are also working to ensure that any E*TRADE applications for mobile devices, as well as our desktop trading platform, conform to WCAG 2.0 AA to the extent possible. For more insight about website accessibility, visit the W3C® Web Accessibility Initiative website.
Ongoing Website Accessibility Testing
We test content for accessibility during production. Our website is also monitored and tested to identify and fix usability issues. Some current accessibility features include:
- Skip links
- Alternative text for appropriate images and other non-text elements
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) attributes for additional information about links
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists (semantics) to aid in page comprehension
- Association of form fields with labels, and form error messages with ARIA attributes to the form field
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers, and only using table structures for tabular data (not for design)
- Page titles and title tags written for easy comprehension of the content on all pages
- Validation that links and buttons can be accessed with a keyboard in a logical tab order, and that E*TRADE content is read by assistive technologies in the correct reading order
Browser Accessibility Support
Many browsers have built-in accessibility features that our website supports, from the ability to change colors, contrast, and text size to using screen readers and skip controls. Learn tips for customizing your browser and computer setup at the W3C® Web Accessibility Initiative website.
Help Us Make E*TRADE Even More Accessible
We are constantly working to make etrade.com, our desktop trading platform, and our mobile apps as accessible as they can be. If you have issues accessing information at E*TRADE, please don’t hesitate to call our technical support line at 866-284-2145 or email us at email@example.com. Please let us know what browser or operating system you’re using, as well as what assistive technology you rely on, if any. We value your feedback and suggestions as we work to make our offerings as accessible as we can.