2-Second Execution Guarantee
Your E*TRADE execution speed advantage
At E*TRADE, we know that rapid order execution is essential in today’s fast-moving stock and ETF markets. That’s why we are proud to stand behind our trading capabilities with a 2-second order execution guarantee.
We guarantee that your qualifying market orders for all S&P 500® stocks and ETFs available through E*TRADE Securities will be executed in 2 seconds or less—or you will receive a commission-free trade from us.
E*TRADE utilizes advanced technology to quickly route your order in pursuit of liquidity and price improvement opportunities. What’s more, our order-monitoring capabilities allow you to view the precise execution speed of any trade you place. When you trade with E*TRADE, you can trade with confidence.
2-Second Execution Guarantee Details
- Qualifying orders are limited to market orders between 100 and 500 shares to buy, sell, or buy-to-cover any stock included in the S&P 500® Index or any ETF available to trade through E*TRADE Securities
- Only orders received between 9:45 a.m. and 3:59 p.m. ET are eligible (times subject to adjustment for late market opening or early closing)
- Execution speed is calculated based on the time of order receipt by E*TRADE Securities and the time that the executing market center provides notification of a fill for the completed order
- Qualifying orders placed through etrade.com, E*TRADE Pro, E*TRADE 360 and E*TRADE Mobile are all eligible
- Qualifying orders do not include short sales; canceled or changed orders; orders entered for the same security on the same side of the market within 20 seconds of each other; sell orders for a stock or ETF in an account with a short options position in the same underlying security; extended hours orders; orders directed by the customer to specific market centers; stock legs of complex option orders; buy orders for stocks or ETFs trading under $1; or broker-assisted orders
- In addition, the guarantee does not apply to orders that are live during interruptions in communications or other system interruptions; orders stopped for price improvement; orders entered when there are locked, crossed, or halted market conditions in that stock or ETF; certain orders in listed stocks or ETFs that would cause the issue to trade at a new intraday high or low; or fast market conditions in the stock or ETF for which the order is entered
- ETFs included in E*TRADE’s commission-free ETF program are not eligible
E*TRADE is committed to ensuring that your qualifying orders are executed in less than two seconds. Otherwise, we’ll give you a commission-free trade.
- If your account qualifies for a commission-free trade, it will be available prior to the market open of the next trading day and will be automatically applied to the next trade eligible for the 2-Second Execution Guarantee
- Commission-free trades are available for one calendar year after issuance and may not be converted to cash. Up to 100 commission-free trades per account may be accumulated
- Other fees may apply to commission-free trades