Important information about E*TRADE's brokerage and investment advisory services
Basic Securities and Brokerage
- E*TRADE Customer Agreement
- IRA Account Agreement
- Roth IRA Account Agreement
- SIMPLE IRA Account Agreement
- Coverdell Savings Agreement
- Business Resiliency Plan
- Privacy Statement
- Regulatory Notices
Margin and Options
- Characteristics of Standardized Options
- Margin Disclosure Statement
- Day Trading Disclosure
- Risk Disclosure Statement
- Special Statement for Uncovered Options Writers
Uninvested Cash Options
E*TRADE Account Agreement, Disclosures, and Terms
- I am of legal age to agree to the terms herein.
- Under penalties of perjury, (1) the taxpayer identification number I submitted on this application is my correct number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me), and (2) I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and (3) I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person. The IRS does not require my consent to any provision of this document other than the certification required to avoid backup withholding.
- I have been informed by E*TRADE and understand that securities products, such as stocks, bonds, options, mutual funds, and exchange traded funds and other securities products and services offered by E*TRADE are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), are not deposits or other obligations of, and are not guaranteed by either E*TRADE Bank, E*TRADE Savings Bank or any other bank, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Additionally, I confirm and acknowledge that neither E*TRADE Securities LLC nor any of its affiliates provides investment, tax or legal advice except to extent set forth in Section 9 of the Customer Agreement.
- I have received and reviewed all of the above disclosures, notices, and I agree to be bound by terms and conditions set forth in any above-listed E*TRADE product agreement, the E*TRADE Customer Agreement, and any applicable supplements contained therein, each of which is linked above, as may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms thereof (collectively, “E*TRADE Account Agreement”). Printed versions of the disclosures and notices are available upon request.
- I have received and reviewed the Relationship Summary provided above in completing my application to open this account. I understand that I can request the Relationship Summary at any time by contacting 800-387-2331.
- E*TRADE has joined forces with Morgan Stanley. On or after January 1, 2022, both E*TRADE Bank and E*TRADE Savings Bank will merge into Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association. This merger will impact bank accounts and cash management in brokerage accounts. For more details, visit our Bank Merger and Changes page. I have received and reviewed notice around the upcoming E*TRADE Bank and E*TRADE Savings Bank Merger into Morgan Stanley Private Bank, and related changes.