May 24, 2018
Options chain Time and Sales and Depth view
We have added the ability to view more details of any option. We are starting this effort with two detail cards: Time and Sales view and Depth view. These views allow you to see trading as it is happening, as well as the prices of the best displayed quote on each exchange.
- The Time and Sales view displays the time, price, quantity, and exchange on which the most recent trades occurred for the given option.
- The Depth view allows you to see the number of contracts being offered at the national best bid and offer price as well as the best quoted bid and ask prices displayed on every exchange.
Income and Repair tool
The Income and Repair tool is designed to give you an understanding of ways to manage your stock positions. To find the tool, simply click on any position on your Positions page, and the Action menu will appear. If you are hovering over an eligible position, you can click the Adjust button.
- For stock positions of 100 shares more and for which there are listed options, you may choose either an Income or Repair strategy.
- Income will set up a covered call by selecting an out of the money option that has more than six days left to expire. The goal of the strategy is to collect the premium of the call while your stock may not be in an uptrend during that time frame.
- Repair will create a ratio call spread: buy a near the money option and sell two out of the money options. The goal here is to lower your trade price of the stock position by selling a covered call and pairing that with buying a vertical call spread to lower your overall breakeven price.
- You may then adjust the options position(s) strike price up or down and change the expiration month.
Roll Up and Roll Down tool
Like the Income and Repair tools, the Roll Up and Roll Down tool allows you to quickly adjust your options positions. This tool understands your option positions and can assist you to manage your positions and quickly roll your positions. The tool will work on your single leg and two legged options strategies and is found by clicking Adjust in the same Position Action menu.
- Roll Up will build a closing transaction for your existing position, as well as an opening transaction using the next available strike price above your current position, which you can then adjust on the order ticket.
- Roll Down will build a closing transaction for your existing position, as well as an opening transaction using the next available strike price below your current position, which you can then adjust on the order ticket.
- Both of these options will create a complex spread order to allow you to adjust your positions in one single transaction.
Orders: Additional details
The ability to view your orders is important when it comes to being fully involved in your investing. We have expanded the amount of detail you can see right on your Order page.
- Click on the bento menu right next the symbol for the order that you wish to see more details.
- The Order Details window displays details about both the product and the order type.
- The Order Status History window displays line items for every status update for the order.
Quick account switch navigation button for multiple accounts
We continue to focus on making managing multiple accounts from a single logon easy. With that idea in mind, we have added a simple navigation button to the Summary details window that allows you to quickly jump to any specific account.
- The Summary page is a quick breakdown of your portfolio and account value details.
- When viewing multiple accounts, you can click any individual account and get a detailed summary view.
- From this detailed summary, you can now jump directly to that one account with the “Switch To This Account” button.