How to Trade Options on the Power E*TRADE app
1. Once you’ve logged on to the Power E*TRADE app on your phone, you will be at the Dashboard screen. At the bottom of the screen, select “Quote” and enter a stock ticker symbol or stock name.
2. To trade the option, tap the “Options” tab.
· On the options chain, the calls are displayed on the left side, the puts on the right, and the strike prices down the middle.
· Directly above the options information are the available expirations, which you can use to customize your options trading dashboard.
· In the middle, tap the settings gear to further customize the columns to your preference.
3. Tap on the bid or ask price of the options you wish to trade and tap the “Trade” button at the bottom of the screen.
· This brings up an auto-populated order ticket based on your preset trading defaults that you can modify accordingly: buy or sell, quantity, price, and other order instructions.
4. Tap “Preview Order.” Review your order and when you’re ready tap “Send Order” to place your order.
5. You will get a confirmation that your order has been received along with its real-time status; and you will be notified, based on your account notification settings, once your trade has been executed.
And that’s it. With just a few taps you’ve placed your options trade using the Power E*TRADE app. That’s options trading done quick, easy, and on the go.