How to Place a Stock Trade
1. Log onto your E*TRADE account, hover over the “Trading” tab and select “Power E*TRADE” from the drop-down menu to launch the platform.
· If this is your first time logging on to the Power E*TRADE platform, you may be asked to confirm if you want real-time market data.
2. From the “Trading” tab, select “Quote,” and enter a stock ticker symbol or stock name.
3. To trade the stock, click the blue bid or ask prices.
· Note that anywhere you see the blue bid or ask prices on the platform, you are just one click away from creating an order ticket.
4. The auto-populated order ticket displays based on your preset trading defaults.
· You can modify the settings, including: buy or sell, quantity, price, and other order instructions.
5. Click “Preview” and confirm your order on the preview screen.
6. Click “Send” to place your order. You will receive a confirmation that your order has been received along with its real-time status.
· You will be notified, based on your account notification settings, once your trade has been executed. You can also check the status of your order in the “Orders” section on the “Account” tab.
With just a few clicks, you’ve placed your stock trade using the Power E*TRADE platform. That’s stock trading done quick and easy.