How to Place a Futures Trade Using Power E*TRADE
Learn how to quickly and easily trade futures in just a few clicks using the Power E*TRADE platform.
1. Log on to your E*TRADE account, hover over the “Trading” tab and select “Power E*TRADE” from the drop-down menu to launch the platform.
- If this is your first time logging on to the Power E*TRADE platform, you may be asked to confirm if you want real-time market data.
2. From the “Trading” tab, select “Chart” and enter a futures symbol. The top choice is the front month contract.
3. On the upper-right side of the screen, click “Show Ladder” to view the futures ladder.
4. Enter a quantity for the number of contracts you would like to trade, or select one of the preset quantities. You can turn auto send on or off, and you can set the duration for your order.
5. To enter an order, select “Buy Market” or “Sell Market” to generate an auto-populated order ticket that you can edit.
6. Click “Send” to place your order.
- You can also click on the Bid-side of the ladder or the Ask-side of the ladder to create a buy order or a sell order at the price you selected.
7. You will receive a confirmation that your order has been received along with its real-time status.
8. Once your trade has been executed, you will receive a confirmation based on your account notification settings. You can check the status of your order in the “Orders” section on the “Account” tab.
With just a few clicks, you’ve placed your futures trade using the Power E*TRADE platform.