How to Use the Options Custom Grouping Tool
Learn how to use the E*TRADE Options Custom Grouping tool. Instead of viewing your options trades individually or grouped via predefined strategies, you can control how you view your options positions.
- Log on to your E*TRADE account, and hover over the “Trading” tab and select Power E*TRADE from the dropdown choices to launch the platform.
- Hover over the “Account” tab and select “Positions” from the dropdown choices.
- Use the “View” dropdown menu on the Portfolio Totals tab to see your positions from different perspectives:
- Top Level
- Spread Level
- Leg Level
- Leg Only
- Use the Custom Grouping tool to:
- Deconstruct complex options strategies (e.g., iron condors or butterfly spreads)
- Create new strategies by re-grouping the positions, splitting legs, or un-pairing spreads
- Build complex options strategies with up to four legs together (e.g., ratio spreads or broken-wing butterflies)
- Click on a position and select “Grouping” in the pop-up window.
- Click and drag legs from the left side into the dotted-line box on the right to create a new custom grouping.
- Edit the custom group name, split quantities, or delete a custom group.
- Click “Save” to create your custom Strategy Group for the highlighted positions. You will now see the custom group on your Positions tab.
By using the E*TRADE Options Custom Grouping tool, you can easily and efficiently view and manage your custom-built options strategies, putting you in control of how you trade options.