Enjoy flexibility, convenience, and banking on your terms
With Max-Rate Checking from E*TRADE Bank, get the convenience of online and mobile banking, competitive yields, and instant fund transfers between your E*TRADE Bank and E*TRADE Securities brokerage accounts.
- Free Online Bill Pay services
- Free, unlimited ATM fee refunds1
- Free ATM/VISA® Debit Card
- Online images of cleared and deposited checks
- 0.05% APYs2 on accounts $5,000+ View Rates and Fees
Convenient Online & Mobile Banking
Access your money anytime, anywhere to take advantage of investing opportunities, high bank yields, online bill pay, and more.
FREE Quick Transfers
Move money between accounts at E*TRADE and elsewhere in seconds with our free, cash transfer service.3
Unlimited ATM Fee Refunds
Get instant access to your cash with unlimited ATM fee refunds at any bank, any machine nationwide.1
Checking Account Details
- $100 minimum initial deposit required.
- $5,000 average monthly balance in the account required to avoid a fee.
- See other ways to avoid this fee below
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Only U.S residents with valid Social Security numbers may apply online.
Cost & Fees
- $15 per each Bank Check request.
Ways to Avoid Account
- Maintain a minimum average balance of $5,000 in your Max-Rate Checking Account.
- Set up and maintain a direct deposit of $200 or more per month(A combination of direct deposits totaling $200 does not satisfy this requirement).
- Maintain a combined balance of $50,000 or more in linked E*TRADE Securities, E*TRADE Bank, and employee stock plan accounts (including vested in-the-money options, stock option plan shares, ESPP shares, and released restricted stock) accounts.
- Execute at least 30 stock or options trades during a calendar quarter in a linked E*TRADE Securities account.