Powerful tools with great service and value
50¢ equity and index options
per contract when you place 30+ stock or options trades per quarter.2
$1.50 futures options
Why trade options?
Depending on how you use them, options can help earn extra income or manage risk. They offer potential benefits over the short- or the long-term for a wide range of investors.
Options can help protect your portfolio by using strategies to hedge other positions in your portfolio
Supplement your investing strategy with income from covered calls and cash-secured puts
While subject to certain risks, options may help you generate income with lower initial investment and increased cost efficiency
With thousands of options contracts available, you can create strategies that range from the simple to complex, and short to long term
Why trade options with E*TRADE?
- Whether you're an experienced trader or just starting out, our tools let you understand the information you need to invest in options
- Our OptionsHouse platform has won both Barron’s “Best for Options Traders” and StockBrokers.com’s "Best for Options Trading" eight years in a row4,5
- Keep trading costs low with competitive options pricing and rates
Dime Buyback Program
- Pay no per-contract or base commission charge when you buy to close an equity option priced at 10 cents or less
- Close short options positions that may have risk, but currently offer little or no reward potential—without paying any commissions
- There’s no sign-up required. This program automatically applies anytime you buy to close an equity option priced at 10 cents or less
Discover options on futures
- Same strategies as securities options, more hours to trade
- Options on futures offer nearly 24-hour access6 and diversification
- Trade options on oil, gold, and corn futures as easily as you trade options on the S&P 500® Index